GUWAHATI- The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday released its manifesto for Assam Assembly elections and promised to work on a corrected National Register of Citizens (NRC) for state’s protection.
The manifesto, released by BJP National President JP Nadda, promised to protect “genuine Indian citizens and to detect infiltrators” to ensure the Ahom civilization stays safe.
“We will work on a corrected NRC for Assam’s protection. We will protect genuine Indian citizens and detect infiltrators to ensure the Ahom civilization stays safe. To protect Assam’s political rights, we will speed up the delimitation process,” the BJP chief said while releasing the manifesto.
Here are the key highlights of the manifesto:
– The manifesto promised to build big reservoirs around the Bramhaputra River to conserve extra water under the “Bramhaputra Vision” to save people from floods.
– “30 lakh deserving families will be paid financial support of Rs 3,000 per month under Orunodoi Scheme,” the manifesto said.
– Nadda said that illegal encroachment will be removed and all Namghars will be given financial assistance of Rs 2.5 lakh.
– Nadda also said that the party is committed to the education of children. Cycles will be given to girls above the eighth grade.
– The BJP president also said that work will be done on the corrected NRC for Assam.