The Mortal remains of Junior Commision Officers(JCOs) of 4 Assam Regt who died due to collapse of building at Solan in Himachal Pradesh reaches Guwahati. A total of 13 JCOs died in the incident, of which Nine of them are from the North Eastern States.
A special Air Force Aircraft brought the Nine bodies from Chandigarh Air Base. The Aircraft delivered the mortal remains of two individuals at Imphal, Four at Silchar and Three at Guwahati .
The names of the gallant soldiers are
- Sub Maj Prodip Chandra Bhuyan( Nagoan, Assam),
- Sub Bisharsing Basumatary ( Dhubri, Assam),
- Sub Henkhomang Gangte ( Happy Valley, Shillong),
- Sub Ajit Kumar Singha ( Hailakandi, Assam),
- N/Sub M Rajkishore Singha ( Hailakandi, Assam),
- Sub Sujit Sharma ( Karimganj, Assam),
- Sub Kumar Chorei ( Karimganj, Assam),
- Sub K Lalson Vaiphei ( Churachandpur, Manipur),
- N/Sub M Nobin Chandra Singh ( Thoubal, Manipur),
- Sub Balwinder Singh ( Jind, Haryana),
- Sub Yogesh Kumar (Ghaziabad, UP),
- N/Sub Vinod Kumar ( Rewari, Haryana),
- Sub Rajen Bahadur .
The mortal remains of Sub Maj Prodip Chandra Bhuyan, Sub Bisharsing Basumatary and Sub Henkhomang Gangte arrived at Air Force Station Guwahati.
Wreath Laying ceremony was organised where wreath were laid by Air Commodore T Mare , AOC, Air Force Station Guwahati, Brig RK Gaikwad, Commandant Assam Regt Centre, Shillong and other senior officers.
Thereafter the bodies of the Martyrs were sent to their respective place with an escort.