Prime Minister Narendra Modi today extended the nationwide lockdown till May 3 in order to prevent spread of coronavirus.
In his address to the nation on Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended the lockdown for more 19 days, to 3rd May. He talked about the further course of action to deal with the crisis posed by COVID-19 pandemic. In this address, he appealed the citizens to adhere to these points.
- Take care of the elderly, shield them from COVID 19.
- Don’t cross social distancing rekha
- Take steps to boost immunity
- Download ‘aarogya setu’ mobile app
- Help those in need and show compassion to the poor.
- Don’t layoff your employees.
- Respect and honour the COVID warriors.
While chief ministers of several states demanded the Centre to extend the lockdown, 11 of them – Odisha, Punjab, Maharashtra, Telangana, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Puducherry, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya – have already extended the lockdown till April 30.