Seven people died on Sunday after nine coaches of the Delhi-bound Seemanchal Express derailed in Bihar. The accident took place at 3:58 am in Sahadai Buzurg.
One general coach, one AC coach B3, three sleeper coaches (S8, S9, S10) and four more coaches have derailed, said East Central Railway spokesperson Rajesh Kumar
The Railways has also issued help line numbers – Sonpur 06158221645, Hajipur 06224272230 and Barauni 06279232222, Patna-06122202290, 06122202291, 06122202292, 06122213234.
- The 12 unaffected coaches are being moved to Hajipur
- The railways has said that rail fracture is being seen as the primary cause of the derailment of the Seemanchal Express
- Railway announced Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia to the kin of deceased
- Railway Track was broken- Railway’s statement
- rescue operation continue
- All passenger trains on this route have been cancelled and a few trains including Mail Express have been diverted.
- A team of doctors reached to the accident , accident relief train has also reached to the site.
Railway Minister is in touch with Railway Board members and GM ECR (East Central Railways) regarding #seemanchalexpress accident…He (Piyush Goyal) has expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives in this tragic accident and wished speedy recovery for the injured,” it said on the official Twitter handle.
Railway Minister is in touch with Railway Board members and GM ECR regarding #seemanchalexpress accident. Relief and rescue operations are underway. He has expressed profound grief over the loss of innocent lives in this tragic accident and wished speedy recovery for the injured.
— Piyush Goyal Office (@PiyushGoyalOffc) February 3, 2019