Guwahati- The district administration of Kamrup(M) has announced Lockdown in 11 wards of Guwahati wef 9pm of 23.6.2020 till further order. These wards are Ward nos. 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (part),15,16
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited in the specified areas.
- All Government Offices. Offices of Autonomous/Subordinate Offices and Private Offices shall remain closed:
- All business/commercial establishments, shops and trade activities shall remain closed
- All Industrial establishments shall remain closed:
- All public transport services shall remain suspended:
- Movement of all Private vehicles is banned:
- All hospitality services shall remain suspended:
- All educational, research, training, coaching institutions shall remain closed:
- All places of Worship shall remain closed for public. No religious congregation will be permitted without any exception:
- All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions, gathering shall be barred;
- Not more than 20 persons will be permitted in case of funerals:
- Spitting in public places is banned and will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the local authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations
- Consumption and sale of liquor paan, gutka, tobacco etc.in public places are prohibited.
a) Defence, Central and State Police forces, Establishment of the District Magistrate Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire & Emergency Services, Disaster Management, Treasury. Public Utilities (including petroleum, LPG), Post Offices, NIC, Electricity, Water, Sanitation, Municipal bodies (only staff required for essential services like sanitation, water supply etc.) will be allowed to function;
b) Hospitals and other related medical establishments including their manufacturing and distribution units both in public and private sector such as dispensaries, chemist and medical equipment shops, laboratories, clinics, nursing homes, ambulances etc will continue to remain functional. The transportation of all medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff other hospital support services be permitted:
c) Shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will remain open from 10 AM to 5 PM
d) Bank, Insurance and ATM shall operate
e) Print and electronic media including newspaper distribution are allowed:
f) Telecommunications internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT enabled services to continue,
g) Delivery of essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-Commerce is allowed.
h) Petrol pumps, LPG petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets are allowed to operate.
i) Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services shall continue,
j) Cold storage and warehousing services shall continue;
k) Private security services are allowed
I) Manufacturing units of essential commodities is allowed;
m) Production units which require continuous process are allowed after obtaining required permission from DC:
n) Transportation of essential goods, vehicles of Health Fire, Law & Order and Emergency Services are allowed.
o) Hotels which are accommodating quarantined persons, medical and emergency staff, air crew shall operate with skeleton service
p)Establishments used earmarked for quarantine facilities shall operate;
q) Government officers and employees on duty are allowed,
r) Persons associated with supply of milk, baby food, medicines and water supply are allowed:
s) Railway offices and persons directly linked with operation of passenger and goods trains shall be allowed to operate
t) Thoroughfare without stopping is allowed on
- Jalukbari to Noonmati via Panbazar (MG Road)
- Jalukbari to Khanapara (NHAI Four Lane),
- iii. GS Road from Paltanbazar to Khanapara
- Lokhra Chariali to Paltanbazar and
- Panbazar to Ganeshguri via RG Baruah Road
All other activities other than specified as exempted above shall remain prohibited in the entire area until further orders;
Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during transport etc.
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.