Meghalaya: PM lays foundation stone, inaugurates and dedicates to the nation multiple projects worth over Rs. 2450 crores in Shillong
SHILLONG- The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone, and inaugurated and dedicated to the nation multiple projects worth over Rs. 2450 crores in Shillong, Meghalaya today. Earlier in the day, the Prime Minister attended the meeting of the North Eastern Council at the State Convention Centre in Shillong and participated in its golden jubilee celebrations.
The multiple projects include the inauguration of 320 completed and 890 under construction 4G mobile towers, the new campus of IIM Shillong, at Umsawli, the Shillong – Diengpasoh Road which will provide better connectivity to new Shillong satellite township and four other roads projects across the three states viz. Meghalaya, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.
- “The government has shown the red card to all obstacles that come in the way of development of the North East”.
- “The day is not far when India will organise such a similar celebration and every Indian will also cheer for our team”.
- “Development is not limited to budgets, tenders, laying foundation stones and inaugurations”.
- “The transformation that we witness today is a result of the change in our intentions, resolutions, priorities and our work culture”.
- “Central government is spending Rs 7 lakh crore only on infrastructure this year, while 8 years ago this expenditure was less than Rs 2 lakh crore”.
- “A budget of Rs 6,000 crore has been fixed for the next 3-4 years under PM-Divine”.
- “The development of tribal areas is the priority of the government while maintaining tradition, language and culture of the tribal society”.
- “The previous government had a ‘divide’ approach for the North East but our government has come up with ‘divine’ intentions”.
The Prime Minister also inaugurated Spawn Laboratory at Mushroom Development Center and Integrated Beekeeping Development Centre in Meghalaya and 21 Hindi libraries in Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura and Assam. The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of six road projects across the states of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura. He also laid the foundation stone of the Integrated Hospitality and Convention Centre at Tura and Shillong Technology Park Phase -II.
Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister remarked that Meghalaya is a state that is prosperous in nature and culture and this very prosperity is reflected through the warmth and welcoming nature of the people. He congratulated the citizens of Meghalaya for the numerous upcoming and newly inaugurated projects ranging from connectivity, education, skill and employment for further development in the state.